We've gathered a collection of our learning guides and tutorials on storage-related topics. You'll find resources about storage technologies, storage management, storage area networks (SANS), network-attached storage (NAS) and more. Then see below, our storage-related quizzes and our larger collection of resources.
Storage Learning Guides:
- Advanced Fibre Channel -- This Fast Guide to Advanced Fibre Channel explains FC strategies, protocols, budget concerns and SAN connectivity issues.
- Advanced storage -- This guide covers storage component features and capabilities including disk drives, RAID, SAN, NAS and backup.
- Backup -- These resources include tips and tricks for selling, developing and deploying successful data backup services and solutions.
- Buying Guide: Storage Compliance -- Learn what you need to know about email and document management and archiving, CAS, compliance services and legal discovery tools.
- Database Storage Management -- This guide explains storage management strategies, step-by-step instructions for using RMAN, and other methods for hot and cold backups. Also includes script samples and troubleshooting advice
- Disk Storage -- Drives, RAID and disk arrays are all covered in this learning guide.
- iSCSI -- Both iSCSI and Fibre Channel technologies are covered in this guide.
- FAQ: Data Deduplication -- See the answers to frequently asked questions about deduping.
- RAID -- Got questions about RAID levels? See an explanation here.
- Low-cost storage -- See our guidance on low-cost networking, iSCSI, SATA and IP storage.
- NAS -- Our complete guide to network-attached storage explains NAS protocols, hardware and features and offers advice on NAS management.
- NAS Project Guide -- Learn how to manage your network-attached storage environment more effectively.
- NAS Upgrades Buying Guide -- This resource offers purchasing advice for NAS appliances, NAS management software and NAS gateways, and an overview of the specifications of NAS vendors.
- RAM -- Our Fast Guide to RAM explains what it is and how it works and provides definitions of various types of RAM.
- SAN -- This storage area networking tutorial explains how to organize, provision and allocate storage effectively.
- Storage Basics -- Start here to learn about disk drives and arrays, backup, SAN, NAS and storage management.
- Storage Resource Guide -- Tiered storage, compliance and data replication are among the topics covered in this resource.
- Storage Virtualization -- This guide covers storage virtualization hardware and software, as well as VSAN product categories.
We've got lots more information for you! Check out the full collection of Learning Guides and Tutorials to learn essential information on a wide range of subjects. You'll find guides and tutorials about networking, backup and recovery, and a wide range of other topics, including databases, business intelligence, programming and much more. Also see: Our Favorite Cheat Sheets
Would you like to test your knowledge of other IT topics? See our huge collection of quizzes.