CPU (central processing unit) is an older term for processor and microprocessor, the central unit in a computer containing the logic circuitry that performs the instructions of a computer's programs.
- Biomimetic refers to human-made processes, substances, devices, or systems that imitate nature. Biomimetic technologies are also known as biomimicry: mimicry of biological systems. (WhatIs.com)
- Clock gating is the power-saving feature in semiconductor microelectronics that enables switching off circuits. Many electronic devices use clock gating to turn off buses, controllers, bridges and ... (WhatIs.com)
- Nanomedicine is the application of nanotechnology (the engineering of tiny machines) to the prevention and treatment of disease in the human body. (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to microprocessors, including definitions about silicon chips and words and phrases about computer processors.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Can SQL Server 2003 provide CPU usage information by application?
There is no such thing at SQL Server 2003. There is SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005. Windows 2003 has the same Task Manager which Windows XP has. Right click on the task bar and select Task ...