CPU (central processing unit) is an older term for processor and microprocessor, the central unit in a computer containing the logic circuitry that performs the instructions of a computer's programs.
- Cache memory, also called CPU memory, is random access memory (RAM) that a computer microprocessor can access more quickly than it can access regular RAM. (SearchStorage.com)
- BIOS (basic input/output system) is the program a personal computer's microprocessor uses to get the computer system started after you turn it on. It also manages data flow between the computer's o... (WhatIs.com)
- A quad-core processor is a chip with four independent units called cores that read and execute central processing unit (CPU) instructions such as add, move data, and branch. (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to microprocessors, including definitions about silicon chips and words and phrases about computer processors.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Can SQL Server 2003 provide CPU usage information by application?
There is no such thing at SQL Server 2003. There is SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005. Windows 2003 has the same Task Manager which Windows XP has. Right click on the task bar and select Task ...