CPU (central processing unit) is an older term for processor and microprocessor, the central unit in a computer containing the logic circuitry that performs the instructions of a computer's programs.
- A processor register is one of a small set of data holding places that are part of a processor, or CPU, in a computer. (WhatIs.com)
- A processor is the logic circuitry that responds to and processes the basic instructions that drive a computer. (WhatIs.com)
- Biomimetic refers to human-made processes, substances, devices, or systems that imitate nature. Biomimetic technologies are also known as biomimicry: mimicry of biological systems. (WhatIs.com)
- Terms related to microprocessors, including definitions about silicon chips and words and phrases about computer processors.
- This WhatIs.com glossary contains terms related to Internet applications, including definitions about Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery models and words and phrases about web sites, e-commerce ...
Ask a Question. Find an Answer.Powered by ITKnowledgeExchange.com
Ask An IT Question
Get answers from your peers on your most technical challenges
Can SQL Server 2003 provide CPU usage information by application?
There is no such thing at SQL Server 2003. There is SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005. Windows 2003 has the same Task Manager which Windows XP has. Right click on the task bar and select Task ...